Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) is a nonprofit child advocacy organization that has worked relentlessly for more than 40 years to ensure a level playing field for all children. We champion policies and programs that lift children out of poverty; protect them from abuse and neglect; and ensure their access to health care, quality education and a moral and spiritual foundation.
We are a national organization – headquartered in Washington, D.C. with offices around the country – and have the capacity to work for children at the federal, state and community levels. The Children’s Defense Fund-Ohio (CDF-Ohio) office was established in 1981. For more than 35 years, we have been a voice advocating for children.
The CDF-Ohio team offers year-round, part-time, unpaid internship opportunities for college undergraduate and graduate-level students to experience child advocacy work firsthand in our Columbus office.
CDF-Ohio is currently seeking students with excellent written, analytical, oral and presentation skills who have a passion for working on behalf of children and an interest in public policy.
The CDF-Ohio Internship will provide invaluable nonprofit experience to students, providing exposure not only to the nonprofit world but also the world of child advocacy and a wide range of issues impacting Ohio children.
CDF-Ohio interns will:
- assist the policy team by conducting research
- analyze and compile data and information
- monitor state and federal legislation
- write, review and/or edit draft publications, issue briefs, and communications on child policy issues
- coordinate and attend legislative hearings and other events
- help identify emerging social and economic trends that impact Ohio families
- assist with communications and outreach, nonprofit administration and event logistics